Thursday 25 June 2015

Best On YouTube - Dinner Date MakeUp Looks

Listing down my top makeup looks/tutorials for a date night. A date night requires a make up which is not overly done but is still something which will make you look more beautiful and enhance your features. You generally tend to sit close to someone and they can clearly see your face so my suggestion would be to avoid a full coverage foundation to avoid the layer effect. Keep it eye catching but not too bold.

My favourite top 4 looks are..


Take you pick..
1.I love Lisa Elridge makeup looks. The way she explains and does an amazing makeup, I think there is no way you can't love her. No doubt she's present in all my best of YouTube makeup lists.


What I learnt:
1. Tracing eye pencil/shadow upwards on lower lash line helps in getting an uplifted eye look.
2. A lip colour giving stain is good for this kind of occasion(since you are going to drink n eat !)
2. Lip lining with a lip pencil or liner after applying lip colour is a good technique to give a plumpy effect.


2. The second  look is also by Lisa Elridge. Again, an instant likeable makeup look. Its more soft glamorous type of look with shades of peach and an amazing lilac eye makeup.  I think the photo is enough to get impressed.




What I learnt:
1. A pale shade of foundation (instead of pink) matching you skin colour  helps in masking redness on skin, if any.
2. Place a tissue under your eye while applying darker or sparkle eyeshadow to avoid getting any dust on to cheeks.


3. Well the next look is by blogger Karima McKimmie.
Recently found her on YouTube and when I went through her blog I was really impressed by her make up looks. This look goes a bit bold on the eyeliner and subtle on lips. If you are not a fan of long winged liner(like me) don't elongate it too much and keep it simple !




What I learnt:
1. Applying a flesh tone eyeshadow before another colour gives different look.
2. Adding shimmer eyeshadow on the eye ball on upper eyelid gives a twinkling effect.
3. For easy cleaning up any fall out from mascara or eyeshadow use a cotton bud dipped in face cream.


4. If you are not a huge makeup fan and want to avoid any kind of bold lip or eye but still want some make up on your face, this one's for you. Its a more like a girl next door look. Looks simple yet elegant. I like the way her eyes and lip colour compliments each other and is perfect for a romantic evening.





What I learnt:
1. Go for a foundation giving glow effect instead of matte.
2. Cover spots with concealer with a finger instead of brush.
3. Blend the gel eyeline liner with brush to get away with harsh lines and give a subtle smokey effect.

Some other things I learnt from other tutorials:
1.Use a tape under the eye to get an edgy kind of eye shadow look.
2. Apply white kajal//liner in upper eyelid for shadow colour to stay on for longer time

Other looks that you can try out..

Delani Lewis





Allana Davison



Kaushal Beauty



Claire Ashley




No comments:

Post a Comment